[neomutt-users] [SOLVED] Re: Spell checking for emails written in multiple languages

Florian Wehner florian at whnr.de
Wed Feb 20 23:38:14 CET 2019

>set ispell = 'aspell -e -c'
>
>After composing my mail in vim (and after :wq) pressing 'i' brings
>up aspell. It could be what you're looking for.

Thanks Wim. That is a viable single language solution, where the
language is taken from $LANG.

> I found a working package in python
> (https://pypi.org/project/langdetect/). I'll share my application if
> it turns out to function well.

Here is the gist of what I came up with:
https://gist.github.com/whnr/f8a431dc2945c511bc0c4b07ff997fe0

In short: detect the language with python langdetect and pass this as
the `-l` flag to aspell. The speed could be greatly improved (10x) if
you can make assumptions about which languages you are going to use for
langdetect. I created a pull request to see this happen.

--Florian