[neomutt-users] Is now a good time to test master?

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Wed Feb 20 16:45:06 CET 2019

Hi Florian,

> > fix a number of large architectural problems in the code

The backends (e.g. Maildir, IMAP) aren't independent of the NeoMutt
core code.  This means that changes can have unexpected side-effects.
It also makes it hard to add new features.

Improving the architecture will make it easier to understand and
maintain the code.  Hopefully, it will even make it possible to do some
automated testing.

> Wouldn't this make it much harder to integrate updates from mutt upstream

Yes, and it's already quite time-consuming.

However, I will keep merging all of upstream's fixes and features for as
long as I can.

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap