[neomutt-users] Spell checking for emails written in multiple languages

Florian Wehner florian at whnr.de
Wed Feb 20 00:28:34 CET 2019

>Not using neomutts spell-checking but the famous vim:
>
>au FileType mail setl tw=68 spell spelllang=de,en wrap expandtab
>tabstop=4

I'm already composing in vim (and even have spell enabled), but I find
the spell checking very cumbersome: go to next bad word `[s`=> open the
whole screen replacement `z=` (no context left) => enter the number `2`
=> <enter> => got to next word…

That's 6 keystrokes for one replacement. Compared to 1 in aspell.

Am I missing something here, or is it just like that? Compared to this
workflow aspell is a dream.

I found a working package in python
(https://pypi.org/project/langdetect/). I'll share my application if it
turns out to function well.