[neomutt-users] Is now a good time to test master?

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Tue Feb 19 13:57:42 CET 2019

Hi Xu,

> I am wondering if now is a good time to test master.

Sorry, not really.

7 months ago, I decided to try to fix a number of large architectural
problems in the code.  That work is still going on.  Each time I think
I'm close, I discover more complications.

> how stable on scales 1 to 10 is current master?

Let's go for a 7.
Most things should work fine -- we haven't changed much of the 'doing' code.

> I have itches to test, but do not want something extremely unstable.

However a few mailbox actions are known to causes crashes.
Usually this is when opening a mailbox twice at the same time, e.g.

- Mailbox 'A' Index, Compose, Attach email from Mailbox 'A'
- Edit an email - temporarily opens second copy of the Mailbox
- Save email to current directory, e.g. set record='^'

> Thanks to flatcap and others for all of your works!

You're welcome.

Rich / FlatCap