[neomutt-users] *-hook settings. I'm confused

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Wed Aug 7 23:49:46 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-07 15:47, Richard Russon wrote:

> > It is probably much easier to write something new than fixing those
> > things that are beyond repair?
>
> I'm old/experienced enough to know that re-writing a program from
> scratch is seldom a good idea.  Especially one as large and complicated
> as Mutt.

This is very true, but.

I'm only using a tiny part of all that code.  In particular, _NONE_ of
the network protocols: I download mail over ssh then read it locally
from my disk, and I send by shelling out /usr/sbin/sendmail whatever
that happens to point to.  Also, I only use Maildir and none of the
other mailbox formats.

Given that, maybe I can be excused for wondering if writing a new client
from scratch, restricted to this narrow use case, might be viable (and I
mean I do the work, of course).