[neomutt-users] Defer Sending email

Nicolas Paris nicolas.paris at riseup.net
Sun Oct 28 00:11:19 CEST 2018

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 10:56:36AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2018-10-27 19:34, Peter P. wrote:
> > Someone suggested adding a custom header to the email, which is
> > parsed with the command that mutt uses to send mail.
>
> You can also do it with a macro that temporarily modifies the sendmail
> variable, sends, then resets variable.

I have found the *msmtpq* bash program that handle the case when connection is
off, and build a mailing queue to be sent later.

I have patched it to combine with *at* program that allow to schedule
any command - here the *msmtp* command.

So right now I have a working MTA prototype that schedule the mail 3
minutes in the future. It is also possible to cancel the schedule though
the *at* api, modify the email, and re-schedule it.

I guess the next step would be to pass the *at* argument to that program:
- now
- now + x minutes
- tomorrow 9am
- ...

While that might be written in the header of the email, or a macro I
expect a more elegant solution. For example, something similar to the
**p** key in the mutt sending menu for pgp, which allow to choose
between few choices with a default value:

> From: Nicolas Paris <nicolas.paris at riseup.net>
>       To: Ian Zimmerman <itz at very.loosely.org>
>       Cc: neomutt-users at neomutt.org
>      Bcc:
> Subject: Re: [neomutt-users] Defer Sending email
> Security: None
> Defer Delay: Now

Where  _Defer Delay_ would be defined in the muttrc <now, now + 3 minutes, 9 AM Mon>

Is it possible to edit that menu ?

--
nicolas