[neomutt-users] IMAP labels from multiple mailboxes on sidebar

Yubin Ruan ablacktshirt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:51:04 CEST 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 08:36:50AM +0200, Dariusz Fedejko wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:24:23AM +0000, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> >I try several times and just don't see how to display two accounts at the same
> >time (sorry). This will be a nice feature to have, though. Really want to know
> >what others think of it.
> What about configuring offlineimap for that? Would it work with showing
> folders from multiple accounts?

Yes, I think this is doable:

    1. use offlineimap or other tools to pull down you emails into separate
       folder.
    2. use the `mailboxes` directive to tell mutt which folder to look into
    3. now you have all the folders (from two accounts) in your sidebar (mutt
       don't care where the folders come from, as long as they are in the right
       format (e.g., Maildir))

Note that the folder hierachy might need a few tweak.

> Also, when I go inside a folder which belongs to another account and
> compose a message, the "from:" field changes accordingly - is that
> doable?

I don't think this is doable. But I think it is easy to do with a folder hook
or some macro.

Yubin