[neomutt-users] IMAP labels from multiple mailboxes on sidebar

Yubin Ruan ablacktshirt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:58:45 CEST 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 04:00:12PM +0200, Dariusz Fedejko wrote:
> Hello mutt users,
>
> I wanted to configure my mutt to support two mailboxes - one is gmail
> and the other one is my own domain hosted on Google Apps.
>
> I successfully configured mutt to use folder hooks and I've mapped keys
> to switch between them - so this works fine.
>
> But now I wanted to improve the user experience by showing labes from two
> accounts on sidebar, such as:
>
> Gmail inbox
>  Drafts
>  Sent
>  All mail
>  IMAP Label 1
>  IMAP Label 2
> GApps Inbox
>  Drafts
>  ...etc

Are you using local Maildir or direct imap connection? If both your accounts
are using local Maildir, then things should be easy: just using several
`mailboxes` directive in the configuration file will work, e.g.,

  set folder=/path/to/GmailInbox
  mailboxes "=Drafts" "=Sent" <...>
  set folder=/path/to/GAppsInbox
  mailboxes "=Drafts" <...>