[neomutt-users] IMAP labels from multiple mailboxes on sidebar

Dariusz Fedejko mailing at fedejko.net
Mon Mar 26 16:00:12 CEST 2018

Hello mutt users,

I wanted to configure my mutt to support two mailboxes - one is gmail
and the other one is my own domain hosted on Google Apps.

I successfully configured mutt to use folder hooks and I've mapped keys
to switch between them - so this works fine.

But now I wanted to improve the user experience by showing labes from two
accounts on sidebar, such as:

Gmail inbox
  Drafts
  Sent
  All mail
  IMAP Label 1
  IMAP Label 2
GApps Inbox
  Drafts
  ...etc

I've been struggling with this for a few days, I've been trying
different configurations and I can't get it right. When I switch
accounts using key bindings, the list of emails refreshes, the list of
folders on the sidebar stays the same. When I'm on account#1 and I
happen to try entering a label which belongs to account#2, I get the
error message.

So my question is: is there a way to have labels from two different
accounts shown on the sidebar, so that I don't have to use key bindings
to switch mailboxes, and use the sidebar to navigate instead?

I'll appreciate any help.

--
Regards
Dariusz Fedejko