[neomutt-users] can't connect to IMAPS server with neomutt 20180622

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Mon Jul 2 11:51:20 CEST 2018

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the bug report.

> I upgraded neomutt from 20180512 to 20180622 via MacPorts
> I'm consistently unable to connect to my mail provider's IMAPS server

> it sits for a very long time at the "Logging in..." step

Oh, sorry about that.

> I haven't made any configuration changes on my end
> (I've since downgraded back to 20180512, which continues to work fine.)

Good, that narrows it down a lot.
Fortunately, there haven't been many imap changes in that interval.

> What additional information would be useful?

What's `imap_authenticators` set to?
    neomutt -Q imap_authenticators

> The logfile from starting neomutt -d 5 ?

Yes, that'd be very useful.

WARNING: Logging at that level can reveal private info,
         especially the line: "a0000 AUTHENTICATE..."

I've just created two new branches:
    devel/imap-revert-1
    devel/imap-revert-2

Please can you give them a try.
Hopefully, one of these will fix your problem and narrow the field even further.

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap