[neomutt-users] set up maildir -> set mbox_type=maildir

Teno Deuter gvgter at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 19:40:01 CEST 2018

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Here are my comments/observations:

1.
when I did define the mbox type to 'maildir' in the /etc/neomuttrc
nothing was affected. The old behavior persists.

2.
when I did define the mbox type to 'maildir' in the
/home/[user]/.neomuttrc I get the following:

/home/[user]/Mail does not exist. Create it?
I type 'no'
/var/mail/[user] is not a mailbox

please note that in /var/mail/[user] a maildir structure does exist!

3.
regarding the mail archives of the list, I think it would have been
quite helpful to have them online and searchable. That way redundant
tickets can be avoided.

Appreciate your valuable help on this

Regards