[neomutt-users] How to show a mail in all its pure glory?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jan 23 18:51:15 CET 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 06:45:15PM +0100, tuxic at posteo.de wrote:
> often I get mail from - for example - support lines saying something
> like "To read about the solution follow this LINK" but there is no
> link shown.

Probably, you are getting a message that is mime/multipart.  If you
hit 'v' you should have a list of parts.  One of them is probably
plain text and the other HTML, and the HTML part has the link.  Open
that (possibly using the mailcap mechanism or maybe just with enter).

On the Mac OS, for reasons I still don't fully understand, the
handling of the html part appears to delete the temp file before it
gets opened, so I have to pipe the html part to a browser that can
accept stdin.  This probably has something to do with the interaction
with the Mac OS 'open' command, which was handed down from NeXTSTEP
and has been somewhat indifferently maintained AFAICT.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com