[neomutt-users] Query: Attach file

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Fri Sep 1 02:35:58 CEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 09:36:06PM +0200, Floyd Anderson wrote:
> On Do, 10 Aug 17:06:12 +0200
> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie at lxtec.de> wrote:
> > * Andrew Duchowski <aduchow at clemson.edu> [2017-08-10 10:28 -0400]:
> >
> > > To elaborate on this earlier email, what appears to have
> > > happened is that after attaching a file from some directory,
> > > neomutt forgets the path.  The next attach command points
> > > to INBOX.  When it was working, neomutt would remember
> > > where the last attachment came from.
> >
> > I can confirm this behaviour. And that isn't what we really want to
> > have. I don't know which version worked like it should.
>
> Just to mention a different experience and expected behaviour on earlier
> versions — I’m using ‘mbox_type=Maildir’ and ‘mask="."’ and I *cannot*
> confirm the described issue for:
>
>  - NeoMutt 20170428 (1.8.2)
>  - NeoMutt 20170602 (1.8.3)

I, however, can confirm it in this version:

  - NeoMutt 20170714 (1.8.3)

Attaching any file and any additional file always starts the file
browser in the same directory as the current email listing.  Since I
use Maildir instead of mbox, this means a long walk to go find each
file (or remembering the full path(s) for each thing.

Regards,
Ben