[neomutt-users] alternates and save-hook

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Nov 7 15:42:08 CET 2017

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 02:55:14AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
> > > evaluation of commands can be done *once* on startup.
> > > doing these on the fly requires a language, eg lua.
> > Is it not possible to pass a variable to
> > the save-hook line? Somthing like this:
> > save-hook "~t maillist" +folder-$CURRENTYEAR
>
> nope.  there is no setup language in mutt.
> however, something might be possible with lua now.
> anyone?

I actually think the use case calls for sieve or something in the mail
server, but I note that my sent mail is

    set record="=sent-mail-`date +%Y-%m`"

which at least puts it in the right place when mutt is doing an
action.  Maybe there is a similar hack that could be done with some
sort of keybinding or on-exit call?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com