[neomutt-users] alternates and save-hook

juh juh+mutt at mailbox.org
Mon Nov 6 20:12:16 CET 2017

Hi Sven,

thanks for these hints.

On 06.11.2017 14:13, Sven Guckes wrote:
> the reverse_name should work once mutt knows about your addresses.
> so tell it about them using the "alternates" command:
>
>     alternates myuser at domain
>     alternates (user1|user2)@mydomain
>     alternates *@mydomain

The last line does not work. I am using mail extensions a lot. What
would be the right regex to match all adresses with juh+... at mailbox.org?

> either use a mail filter - or use save-hook:
>
>     save-hook "~f address"  +project
>     save-hook "~C address"  +maillist

Argh, of course. I used this back in the 90s. ;-)

>> NeoMutt should move mails in mailings lists to an archive
>> folder with the name convention mailinglistname-YYYY (or
>> mailinglistname-YYYY-MM) if they are older than X days.
>
> evaluation of commands can be done *once* on startup.
> doing these on the fly requires a language, eg lua.

Is it not possible to pass a variable to the save-hook line? Somthing
like this:

save-hook "~t maillist" +folder-$CURRENTYEAR

juh