[neomutt-users] Sidebar - obtaining folder names from IMAP folders

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Tue Jun 27 23:08:09 CEST 2017

Hi,

The Sidebar is a great idea!  I’m trying to automatically load the mailbox names from an Office365 IMAP host so that they do not need to manually specified in a ‘mailboxes’ section of the muttrc.

I’ve fiddled with options and can’t get mailboxes to load unless I list them manually.  Is there a line I am missing from this block:

set sidebar_visible = yes
set sidebar_format = "%B%?F? [%F]?%* %?N?%N/?%S"
set mail_check_stats = yes
set sidebar_sort_method = 'name'
set sidebar_new_mail_only = no

… which would make the mailbox list automatically load (and be the entire list of IMAP folders) when I start mutt ?

Thanks
Andy