[neomutt-users] "mutt -e <command>" does not do as documented

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Mon Jun 5 15:27:57 CEST 2017

On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 11:48:18AM +0100, Richard Russon wrote:
> Hi Xu,
>
>> The documentation for -e is:
>>     Specify a configuration command to be run after processing of
>> initialization files.
>
> This happens AFTER mutt has read the config files,
> but BEFORE the first folder has been opened.

IIRC this flag was usually intended more for doing things like
temporarily overriding an SMTP server or something like that where you
don't want to accidentally end up with some very temporary thing
clogging up (or even subsequently "breaking" the muttrc.  I do recall
the SMTP thing being more common with roaming users needing to relay
through different ISPs for whatever reason (usually being overseas).

Regards,
Ben