[neomutt-users] Query: Attach file

Andrew Duchowski aduchow at clemson.edu
Wed Jan 18 01:51:14 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list or
method of posting this query, but here goes:

On a Mac, I just changed from mutt to neomutt via
upgrades to macOS Sierra and macports.

In mutt, when I used to 'a'ttach a file and then
press '?' to search the list of folders, two things
happened:

1. I would see my ~/Mail foler
2. mutt would remember which dir I was in if I
   wanted to 'a'ttach again

Now, in neomutt, when I 'a'ttach a file, two
things happen:

1. I see my remote mail spoolfile (e.g., exchange)
   and now I have to press '=' to get to my local
   ~/Mail dir
2. neumutt no longer remembers where I was looking
   at for attachments, consequently I have to press
   '=' again and then descend down a possibly long
   directory branch to get to where I was just a
   second ago.

Is there a .muttrc switch to revert back to the
old functionality?

Thanks!

--
Andrew T. Duchowski, Professor, Clemson University
College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences