[neomutt-users] how to go to directory view immediately when <change-folder>?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sat Dec 16 12:55:20 CET 2017

* Jörg Sommer <joerg at alea.gnuu.de> [2017-12-15 17:20]:
> Peter P. hat am Fri 15. Dec, 11:16 (+0100) geschrieben:
> > I am constantly stumbling across neomutt trying to help me in my daily
> > life by only showing me folders with new mail when I press 'c' which I
> > have mapped to <change-folder>.
> > I know that I can press TAB to see all folders (aka directory mode), but
> > don't want to switch every time.
> >
> > Is there a way to have neomutt display all folders upon <change-folder>
> > and possibly mark the ones with new mail with a tag such as 'N'?
> >
> > I know that I could use a workaround such as
> > 	macro index,pager c "<change-folder><tab>"
> > but this causes some other problems...
>
> I'm using
>
>     macro index m "<change-folder>?<sort-reverse>d"
This is a good idea but breaks my habit of using
	macro index,pager c "<change-folder>"
followed by a keypress of
	?
to navigate to folders with new mail. It would be great to emulate a TAB
only after the folder list is displayed.
Btw, when did this behavior change? Is therer a chance to track this
down in neomutt sources perhaps?

Thank you all for your help!