[neomutt-users] NeoMutt 2017-12-08

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sat Dec 9 02:19:39 CET 2017

## Notes

There are a few bug fixes and feature improvements in this release.
However, most of the changes have been our work to modernise the code.

Other big news:

- Arch     - NeoMutt's been promoted from AUR to the Community
- Debian   - The Mutt and NeoMutt packages are completely separate
- MacPorts - We now have an automatic build system for MacOS

## Thanks

Many thanks to our **new contributors**:

- Andreas Rammhold (@andir)
- Bletchley Park (@libBletchley)
- Joshua Root (@jmroot)
- Reis Radomil (@reisradomil)

and our **regular contributors**:

- Alad Wenter (@aladw)
- Julian Andres Klode (@julian-klode)
- Zero King (@l2dy)
- Tobias Angele (@toogley)
- Antonio Radici (@aradici)
- Edward Betts (@edwardbetts)
- Richard Hartmann (@RichiH)
- Leonardo Schenkel (@lbschenkel)
- Floyd Anderson (@floand)
- Pietro Cerutti (@gahr)
- Guillaume Brogi (@guiniol)

## Features

- Enhance ifdef feature to support my_ vars
- Add <edit-or-view-raw-message>
- Remove vim syntax file from the main repo
- Support reading FQDN from mailname files

## Bug Fixes

- Do not turn CRLF into LF when dealing with transfer-encoding=base64
- Cleanup "SSL is unavailable" error in mutt_conn_find
- Don't clear the macro buffer during startup
- Fixup smart modify-labels-then-hide for !tag case
- Add sleep after SMTP error
- Restore folder settings after folder-hook
- Fix segfault when pipe'ing a deleted message

## Docs

- Display_filter escape sequence
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Add a sentence to quasi-delete docs
- Modify gpg.rc to accommodate GPG 2.1 changes

## Upstream

- Note which ssl config vars are GnuTLS or OpenSSL only
- Add message count to $move quadoption prompt
- Add %R (number of read messages) for $status_format
- Add $change_folder_next option to control mailbox suggestion order
- Fix $smart_wrap to not be disabled by whitespace-prefixed lines
- Remove useless else branch in the $smart_wrap code
- Fix ansi escape sequences with both reset and color parameters