[neomutt-devel] mailboxes and virtual-mailboxes

Sirius sirius at trudheim.com
Fri May 31 08:33:33 CEST 2024

Hi there,

When specifying a mailbox (maildir or imap), there are two options, -poll
and -notify, that can be applied that makes Neomutt poll the mailbox at
regular intervals and notifies if there is new mail.

mailboxes -label 'INBOX' -notify -poll +INBOX

Are those two options valid for virtual-mailboxes as well? If no, could
they become?

virtual-mailboxes "inbox" -poll -notify "notmuch://?query=tag:inbox"

Because that would be rather handy. At the moment I either look at the
"unread" tag and see all the new mail, or I need to walk the whole list of
virtual mailboxes to see which ones have new messages in.

--
Kind regards,

/S