[neomutt-devel] DO NOT USE release 2024-03-23

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Mar 26 11:15:05 CET 2024

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 10:38:55PM GMT, Richard Russon wrote:
> IMPORTANT - DO NOT USE Release 2024-03-23
> (or any build from main since that release)
>
> This release can damage mbox type mailboxes.

Is that the accidental O_TRUNC thing?  Fixed by commit
865dfe0add1c5dc396d3149cef2f471333be6d9f?  It should be safe to use
builds from 'main' since that commit, yes?

(I'm quite happy that I started git versioning my ~/Mail with automatic
commits before and after every offlineimap run.  Saved me from losing
mail once.  I wonder if I should make a neomutt wrapper script to git
commit ~/Mail before and after every neomutt execution as well.)

> I'm really sorry.

No worries, things happen.

Marius Gedminas
--
I [...] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my
computer to perform automatically a task that would otherwise take me a good