[neomutt-devel] Build errors in 'main'

Carlos Henrique Lima Melara charlesmelara at riseup.net
Mon Nov 6 00:42:09 CET 2023

Hi there.

On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 12:12:26AM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Hi наб,
>
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 08:23:15PM +0100, наб wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > On a clean sid chroot from today:
>
> [...]
>

> > So it builds and produces all the right artifacts, as expected.
> > If it doesn't work on your system then it'd put it down to a
> > system-specific issue.
> >
> > All this is assuming you're actually seeing issues and the errors you
> > reference aren't just the "autocrypt-referenced-but-not-found" spew,
> > which is due to autocrypt not being configured for
> > (and doesn't actually appear to be an error in the traditional sense).
>
> Hmm, I didn't check the exit code this time.  I saw the same "error"
> messages and thought the build was still failing, but echo $? prints 0,
> and I have a working neomutt binary, so I guess you're right, and the
> problem I had was due to --build.

I've sent a MR for Debian's neomutt packaging repo [1]. It was building
fine and working for my simple use case (just IMAPing riseup). You can
try to get the build dependencies from it [2].

I also would recommend setting a sbuild chroot [3] and using it to build
the package for you to easier things up.

Cheers,
Charles

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/mutt-team/neomutt/-/merge_requests/10
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/charles/neomutt/-/blob/master/debian/control