[neomutt-devel] Build errors in 'main'

наб nabijaczleweli at nabijaczleweli.xyz
Sun Nov 5 03:31:43 CET 2023

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 02:42:29AM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Do you know why I'm failing to build with the same options of your .deb?
> I installed your build-deps, so it should be working, unless I have some
> version in Sid that is different from what you have, in which case it
> would make sense.
I consistently build upstream mutt with the options from d/rules,
which work out to
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
  --with-mailpath=/var/mail --gpgme --lua --notmuch --gnutls --gss
  --idn2 --mixmaster --gsasl --lmdb --zlib --zstd
on amd64.

The last time I built on sid (x32) was when I posted the ILP32 patches
this week, and that's with dependencies (effectively) apt build-depped.
And on amd64 bookworm also this week.

So if this is an issue I can't reproduce it, and I've never seen it.

Of course, it would be cruel for me not to mention that you generate
makefiles into x86_64-linux-gnu with --build but your log doesn't
include either a cd x86_64-linux-gnu or a make -C x86_64-linux-gnu
‒ compare https://debian.nabijaczleweli.xyz/builds/neomutt_20230517+dfsg-0.3_x32.build#:~:text=dh_auto_configure
  and similarly the bit just after dh_auto_build ‒
it'd be quite funny if it were that.

Best,