[neomutt-devel] A Release is Coming!

Dennis Schön mail at dennis-schoen.de
Sat Nov 4 09:58:22 CET 2023

On 03.11.2023 15:56, наб wrote:
> > imap-fetch-mail no longer does it.

The "new mail" code is in desperate need of a rehaul.
However it's not trivial, especially if you want to do small and incremental changes.
At least I don't feel comfortable enough doing a complete rewrite.

If you're interested, I took a first stab at it here: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/pull/4077.
The idea is to move the notification handling out of the main loop and into an observer.

> also broke <shell-escape>, with a fresh and blessed function to
> reset it (although why that funxion computes the point perfectly
> before now instead of resetting to 0 is beyond me).

yeah, tbh I also don't know why I did it like that. :-)

I have another change pending that tracks the check time per mailbox instead of global.
In that version I also just set it to 0: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/pull/4065

Cheers,
Dennis

--