[neomutt-devel] NeoMutt 2023-05-12

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Fri May 12 14:19:50 CEST 2023

## Notes

This is a fairly small release, just a few bug fixes and one big feature :-)

True Colour support.

To enable this, you need to `export TERM=xterm-direct` (shell) and `set color_directcolor = yes` (neomutt).

Then you can use RGB hex colours in your config:

```
color status #ffffff #ff8080
color index  #80c000 #007890 apple
```

## Sponsors

- @pbwn
- Scott Kostyshak (@scottkosty)
- Ander Punnar (@4nd3r)
- Mark Korondi (@kmARC)

Become a sponsor of NeoMutt - https://neomutt.org/sponsor

## Thanks

Many thanks to our **new contributors**:

- André L C Moreira (@carvalhudo)
- Sebastian Crane (@seabass-labrax)
- @auouymous
- @toonn
- Baudouin Van Humbeck (@scriptor-pro)
- Marcelo Ricardo Leitner (@marceloleitner)

our **regular contributors**:

- Steinar H Gunderson (@sesse)
- Rayford Shireman (@rayfordshire)
- наб (@nabijaczleweli)
- Страхиња Радић (@strahinja)
- Pietro Cerutti (@gahr)
- @vuori
- Gerrit Rüsing (@kbcb)
- Marius Gedminas (@mgedmin)
- Emir Sari (@bitigchi)
- Róbert Horváth (@r001)

## Features

- #3699 - Support 24bit colors, aka truecolor
- #3738 - Show complete MIME structure in attachments
- #3842 - Allow percentages to be localized

## Bug Fixes

- #3813 - Fix crash in op_browser_subscribe
- #3844 - Select the first email when coming from an empty limit
- #3848 - Fix counting new mails in maildir
- Fix sorting of labels

## Translations

- 100% Serbian
- 100% Turkish
- 100% Lithuanian
- 100% Hungarian
- 100% German
- 99% Norwegian (Bokmål)
- 99% Slovak
- 99% Portuguese (Brazil)
- 99% Czech
- 95% French

## Build

- #3798 - Build with libidn2 by default, remove support for libidn1

## Code

- config: dynamically create/delete variables
- config: unify handling of NeoMutt and user (my_) variables
- config: cache config variables used often
- speed: various speedups in parsing emails
- cleanups: lots of code cleanups