[neomutt-devel] Check New Messsages Question

Jon Fineman jon at fineman.me
Thu Mar 16 00:17:48 CET 2023

I was curios if the below behavior is expected. I am using a build I
compiled from the git log below. Basically a pull from this afternoon.

commit f700ac08bdb5b0ad9848a61e4e7d23ea2d3fa774 (HEAD -> main, origin/main, origin/HEAD)
Author: Richard Russon (@flatcap) <rich at flatcap.org>
Date:   Wed Mar 15 13:22:23 2023 +0000

When a delete a message using "d" and if the check_new message process
runs before I sync the mailbox "$" the status of "D" will go away and
the message will remain in the mailbox.

I suspect their is a little more than that to re-creating it as it
doesn't always happen.

So I was wondering if this is a race condition or expected.

Thanks.

Jon