[neomutt-devel] NeoMutt Next Release (2022-04-08)

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Mon Mar 28 11:54:22 CEST 2022

Hi all,

Sorry, I've pushed the release back a week, to 2022-04-08.

I've finally got to the point where I *have* to fix the Index/Pager arch.
(I've been avoiding the issue for several years :-)

The Index calls the Pager to display an email.

When in the Pager, if you run a function, the Pager closes and return
the opcode to the Index.  The Index performs the function, then re-opens
the Pager, hopefully at the same place, hopefully without the user
noticing.

If that sounds mad, then you understand the problem.

To see this craziness in action:

- Open NeoMutt at the Index

- Enter a command `:color quoted blue default`

- Open an Email with some quoted text
  The quoted text will be blue

- Enter a command `:color quoted red default`
  The quoted text doesn't change

- Refresh the screen with `Ctrl-L`
  The quoted text doesn't change

- Open the help with '?', then close it
  The quoted text doesn't change

- Resise the screen
  The quoted text doesn't change

- Hit '%' to <toggle-write>
  The quoted text changes colour!

The Pager can't handle <toggle-write> so delegates to the Index,
and the display is updated as a side-effect.

I plan to finally fix this behaviour.

Cheers,
    Rich