[neomutt-devel] Lua in neomutt | systematically finding segmentation faults

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sat Mar 6 13:44:08 CET 2021

> (And NNTP is my main objective to get rid of)

Any particular reason?

> NNTP had some missing `USE_NNTP`

NNTP *used* to be build-conditional...

> IMAP/POP for example had been easy.

as did IMAP and POP.

However we removed the `./configure` options because they didn't
introduce any dependencies to the build.

We kept the `#ifdef USE_NNTP` to highlight code that should be
refactored/eliminated.

I'm not planning to restore the `--enable-nntp` option, but...

I'd love to hear ideas of how to move all the NNTP code into the nntp
dir (and IMAP and POP).  Most likely, this will mean a lot of
refactoring of the MXAPI (mailbox interface).

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap