[neomutt-devel] Renaming Config - adding "Option:"

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Wed Feb 10 13:07:02 CET 2021

* Richard Russon <rich at flatcap.org> [2021-02-10 12:44]:
> I had a strange idea yesterday.
> I was trying to remember the name of a config item,
> but I couldn't remember if it had an underscore or not.
> Then I thought, "we should fix that".
> Here are my suggested renames ..
> What do you think?

| man neomuttrc | grep Type: -B 1 -A 0 | head -8
|        abort_backspace
|               Type: boolean
| --
|        abort_key
|               Type: string
| --
|        abort_noattach
|               Type: quadoption

this lookup from the manual would be easier
if all opton names were prefixed with "Option:".

| man neomuttrc | grep Option:

with this keyword it would not matter if
the option name has an underscore or not.

another idea:
when you put both Option:
and Type: onto the same line..

| Option: abort_backspace Type: boolean
| Option: abort_key       Type: string
| Option: abort_noattach  Type: quadoption

.. then grepping for a given Type: also gave
you all the option names of the same type:

| man neomuttrc | grep Type:.boolean

unfortunately, adding the Defaults to the same line does
not work well as typically the Strings are pretty long.

| man neomuttrc | grep 'Default: "[^"]\{12,\}"'

but maybe there are even easier ways for these lookups?

Sven