[neomutt-devel] Address Sanitizer - Check for memory leaks, etc

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Wed Sep 2 11:04:40 CEST 2020

Hi Ian,

> > https://neomutt.org/dev/analysis/asan

> I had some success detecting memory problems by running neomutt under valgrind.

Yep, me too.  Though I often found that it was too good -- finding leaks
deep within libraries that I couldn't hope to address.

> If there is interest I could write up a short neomutt specific howto,

Yes please.  I already have a basic Valgrind page...

     https://neomutt.org/dev/analysis/valgrind

but it's always hard to know what to write.
Anything you can add, to make it easier/clearer would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap