[neomutt-devel] any interest in neomutt headless or as a library?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:56:39 CEST 2020

Maybe just to list the uses of the hacked up neomuttl, I can see what
problems others have run into with similar tools and maybe people have
other suggestions.

1) Download entire imap foldes or accounts. I did this with libetpan without
incident although I could not find a decent utility program for that. I can open
a larger number of threads although it looks like hotmail will only accept
about 5 connections and keep track of which uids are obtained. The "successfile"
is then used for a retry until all messages appear to be downloaded.

2) Data exchange for systems without static IP or other limitations. Right now, I have
a laptop connected to cable modem that needs to operate unattended with for example
a motion detecting camera. I have a system now to interact via a free imap account
that produces acceptable latency on the order of minutes. I wanted to replace fetchmail
and the scripts with mostly c.c++ code including the hacked up neomutt.

3) Data collection which may already work with some other mail processing packages.
Often the data is manually entered and subject to error. The automated email processor needs to try to parse it
and update a file or DB but maybe after user interaction via an email exchange. I don't have
this working yet but it looks like neomutt can now make that happen. with less effort  There may be parts
of this in email list processing code but I have not looked.

4) Maybe play with latex format/mime email as an alt to html. Not sure where this stands but html
is hard to read in source format and latex would let you do that while creating a somewhat structured
document allowing the reader to display as desired more easily than html.

note new address
 Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency