[neomutt-devel] displaying text/x-patch

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Sat Oct 14 17:01:03 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 11:42:02AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
>Hi,
>
>do I miss something obvious (maybe smth in "~/.mailcap"?) to
>enable support for 'text/x-patch'?

Upstream Mutt considers all text/* as human readable, when in fact most text/*
are not (they are html/xml/css/cvs/javascript...)

Neomutt considers only text/plain as human readable by default.

To consider more text/XXXX as human readable, you can add in your mailcap:

  text/x-diff; cat '%s'; copiousoutput;
  text/x-patch; cat '%s'; copiousoutput;

It's not the first times I see this question, so I open an issue [1] to improve
the documentation.

[1] https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/859

--
Mehdi Abaakouk