[neomutt-devel] make error

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Wed May 24 13:03:40 CEST 2017

Hi,

> I have two issue when install neomutt:

Which distro are you using?  If you want to get started quickly, many
distos already package NeoMutt.

> 1. I have install gpgme software,this is the display "ls /usr/bin/local"
> configure.status reports "GPGME cannot found"

The build needs to find the locations of the headers and libraries.
The searching is done by the tool `gpgme-config`.
Make sure it's in your $PATH

    gpgme-config --cflags
    gpgme-config --libs

You might see something like:
    /usr/local/gpgme-SOMETHING/include
    /usr/local/gpgme-SOMETHING/lib

> so, i have to disable gpgme.

It's better to use gpgme if you can.

> Makefile:245: *** Recursive variable `am__v_XSLT_' references itself
> (eventually)。 停止。

Argh!  That's my fault.  I added some 'silent' rules to the makefile.

Which version of make do you have? `make --version`

Please can you try a couple of builds to see where the problem is:
    Add `--disable-doc` to `./configure`
        to see if I've only broken the docs
    Add `--enable-silent-rules` to `./configure`
        to see if you can work around the problem

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap