[neomutt-devel] Terminal escape sequences

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Thu Jun 22 12:28:19 CEST 2017

User 'crs' on IRC found a problem with iTerm2.

The terminal kept displaying "Mail" or "MAIL" even though
    set ts_enabled = yes
    set ts_status_format = "some string"

We're setting the icon escape sequence after the string esc seq.

curs_main.c

864  menu_status_line(buf, sizeof(buf), menu, NONULL(TSStatusFormat));
865  mutt_ts_status(buf);
866  menu_status_line(buf, sizeof(buf), menu, NONULL(TSIconFormat));
867  mutt_ts_icon(buf);

Can anyone see any problems if we swap the order?

(My terminals ignore the icon request, so I can't test).

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap