[neomutt-devel] (Re-)Building the Documentation

Thomas Adam thomas at xteddy.org
Sun Jun 11 14:11:09 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 12:47:47PM +0100, Richard Russon wrote:
> ## Step 2 - Conversion
>
> I like DocBook.  It's expressive and capable, but it's not user-friendly.
> A good alternative would be Markdown.
>
> Good:
> - Easy to read and edit
> - Can be converted to HTML
> - Supported by our current website
>
> Bad:
> - Less expressive
> - Initial conversion will take a lot of work

With tools such as pandoc[1] this becomes easier.  Even as a one-shot approach
to going from docbook to markdown shouldn't be too difficult.  I've used this
in the past where I've been in a similar situation (in my case going from
groff -> mandoc -> markdown)

This is something I'm certainly happy to pick up and run with.

Kindly,
Thomas Adam

[1] http://pandoc.org/demos.html (see number 31)