[neomutt-devel] Compile Options and Compile Non-Options

Thomas Adam thomas at xteddy.org
Sat Jul 8 18:09:35 CEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 06:01:42PM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> .. that's what i meant:  two lists - those from "configure"
> as "Compile options" and the list of "Default options". :-)

Now you're using this output to ascertain what ./configure can tell you.  I'm
not sure that overloading the output from NeoMutt in this way is going to
help.  Equally, I'm still unsure what "problem" this is fixing.  This output
is more useful to us developers when trying to understand what state NeoMutt
is in respect to the feature it's using.  Vim, FVWM, etc., all do likewise in
different ways.  But it's output has a limited use, and I can't help but think
you're trying to use the same information for two different reasons.

> well - that patch already helps.
> Richard - may i ask you to add it?

I still hope it's not added, as it's not helping with anything, IMO.

-- Thomas Adam