[neomutt-devel] Compile Options and Compile Non-Options

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Sat Jul 8 18:01:42 CEST 2017

* Thomas Adam <thomas at xteddy.org> [2017-07-08 17:50]:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 04:13:44PM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> > the output of "mutt -v" as to the "Compile Options"
> > is quite misleading and definitely needs a cleanup.
> So, if I understand correctly, what you're asking is for
> the output of "mutt -v"'s Compile Options to just list
> those which are directly affected by what ./configure
> can change, and to, somehow differentiate the options
> also listed under there which are a core part of mutt?

yes...

> Have a look at the patch attached.

   puts(_("\nCompile options:"));
+  print_compile_options(comp_opts);
+  puts(_("\nDefault options:"));
+  print_compile_options(comp_opts_default);

.. that's what i meant:  two lists - those from "configure"
as "Compile options" and the list of "Default options". :-)

> I don't like it, nor do I think it's necesarily improving anything.

you could get that info yourself from reading the code - yes.
but making it visible to everyone in the output saves that
lookup time for everyone.  so - thank you for that patch! :-)

> In most cases, a lot of the features which have a hard-coded default
> are features turned on directly in NeoMutt.  Indeed, those features
> are also documented in the manual from what I can tell here.

i must be missing this.  where should i look?

> So again, if I'm going to help you, I'm still
> unclear as to what it is you're asking for.

well - that patch already helps.
Richard - may i ask you to add it?

Sven