[neomutt-devel] Issue labels / Waffle Board

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Tue Jan 31 00:48:01 CET 2017

> 1) In my experience, issues are better left open until the code fixing
>    them is released.

I'd like that too, but I can't seem to fit it into the tools.
It would mean that we'd need an extra waffle column and the "Done" wouldn't be used.

> having them in an open state ... reduces the likeliness of duplicates.

Given the short development cycles that we have,
I'm willing to accept that sometimes we might get a duplicate issue.

> It also gives a general idea of what's going to go into the next release.

Hopefully, the milestone "next-release" should show this info.

> I don't see a reason for having a
> separate status between approval and merging.

I agree.  I propose:
(bug and discussion omitted for clarity)

[pool]               - unsorted issues
[status:backlog]     - selected for this release
[status:in-progress] - works in progress
[status:review]      - waiting for review
[done]               - merged into master

Issues selected for the next release

	[pool] -> [backlog] (moved by Reviewer)

Developer starts work on issue.
They assign themself to the issue.

	[backlog] -> [in-progress] (moved by wafflebot, or Reviewer)

Developer wants feedback
Creates Pull-Request, asks for comments

	[in-progress] (no change)

Developer finishes work.
Asks for review (@neomutt/reviewers)

	[in-progress] -> [review] (moved by Reviewer)

Reviewer finds a problem with the code
(unless trivial)

	[review] -> [in-progress] (moved by Reviewer)

First Reviewer approves the code (github approval)

	[review] (no change)

Second Reviewer approves the code (github approval)
Merges the code

	[review] -> [done] (moved by wafflebot on closing)