[neomutt-devel] Issue labels / Waffle Board

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Sun Jan 29 23:35:07 CET 2017

> On 29 Jan 2017, at 15:55, guyzmo <z+mutt+neomutt at m0g.net> wrote:
>
> → status:progress → status:review → [approved] → status:ready → [merged] → status:closed

Two minor points.

1) In my experience, issues are better left open until the code fixing them is released. Regressions are likely to be reported by more than one user, and having them in some kind of open state (e.g., status:fixed) gives them more visibility and reduces the likeliness of duplicates. It also gives a general idea of what's going to go into the next release.

2) As we are working today, with stuff being merged into the main branch as soon as it's ready, I don't see a reason for having a separate status between approval and merging.

Based on this, I'd like to propose the following alternative workflow (labels abbreviated so transitions fit on a line)

st:progress -> [work done] -> st:review
st:review -> [approve] -> [merge] -> st:fixed
st:fixed -> [release tag] -> st:closed

Thoughts?

--
Pietro Cerutti