[neomutt-devel] Bug Fix Week
rich at flatcap.org
Sun Jan 29 04:29:54 CET 2017
I'd like to make this coming week "Bug Fix Week".
Bug-fixing is a vital part of any project.
By fixing bugs we keep NeoMutt from becoming unstable or unreliable.
However, this week isn't limited to just bugs. It's open to anything
that contributes to the project, but doesn't add new code.
Please help with whatever you can...
- Bug-fixes -- pick an issue, assign yourself and fix it!
- Coverity -- there are 7 new defects (and ~190 old ones)
- Merge upstream commits (from mutt/default)
- Run a validator on our shell/perl scripts
- Automate a build/management process
- Add doxygen comment blocks to functions
- Improve the existing docs or man pages
- Add new documentation
- Write a guide to something you know and use
- Proofread docs and offer improvement suggestions
- Search the internet for useful guides that we should host
* Translations -- update a foreign language
* Contrib -- add something that extends NeoMutt
- Colour scheme
- Try out a feature you haven't used before
- Check that the documentation is helpful
I'd like to make this stabilisation phase a regular part of the
development cycle. Perhaps a monthly cycle of:
* 3 weeks of feature development (feature release)
* 1 week of bug-fixing / stabilisation (bug-fix release)
What do you think?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the neomutt-devel