[neomutt-devel] from tabs to spaces

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Fri Jan 27 04:45:23 CET 2017

> Actually I don't think it will. there are many ways to handle that, for
> exmaple using gitattributes:

gitattributes are great fun, but I'm not sure how much they can help us
here.  They could strip trailing whitespace, but automatically changing
tabs could be dangerous.

What we really want is a pre-commit hook (unfortunately, they aren't
shared when a repo is cloned).  Hooks would allow us to set up some
simple pre-commit checks.

Of course the reviewers will still have to check that the code is tidy.

BTW, I ran clang-format on the entire source tree and pushed the results
to [devel/clang-format].  The diff is 163740 lines long!
The first commit message contains the clang-format config I used.
The second is a few tweaks to the include files to get it to build.

Rich