[neomutt-devel] Labels/Keywords/Tags framework in mutt [Was: Add support to IMAP custom keywords (#399)

David Champion dgc at bikeshed.us
Sat Feb 18 02:59:45 CET 2017

Short response.

* On 17 Feb 2017, guyzmo wrote:
> > There are two other keywording standards in documented use even for flat
> > on-disk (non-IMAP) mailboxes.  Do we implement distinct feature sets for
> > those?
>
> I never heard of those, are they implemented in mutt?

The patch implements them.

There's a lot of conversation here.  I don't think it's a benefit to
carry it right now.  I will be reposting the patch on mutt-dev as soon
as I know it's stable again.  Only about half applied cleanly since
1.7.0.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm not having a design discussion right
now with neomutt.  I'm letting you guys know about some work that was
already done years ago, which mutt is planning to merge, or at least
consider merging again.  Once that's done it can be productive to
talk here or there about changes to the new code, but I don't want to
redesign it in neomutt and then rewrite it for mutt, or worse have
someone here rewrite it for neomutt and then need to backport the
deltas.

I am not cutting you out - everyone is welcome to participate - but
the development happened for mutt and it's not useful to invert the
flow right now.

David Champion • dgc at bikeshed.us