[neomutt-devel] realizing 4 spaces indendation, curly brace on the same line as function without merging pain

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Sun Feb 12 13:33:12 CET 2017

> On 12 Feb 2017, at 09:25, toogley <toogley at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> Now my question: What prevents us from doing that? What prevents us from choosing our favorite coding style (that is, e.g. 4 spaces indendation, curly braces on the same line as the function name) and applying that automatically like I described above?

I would avoid introducing style policies that make our changes harder to merge back into upstream, unless there are compelling reasons to do so.
The number of spaces used for indentation and the position of the opening brace for functions don't sound too compelling to me.

My 0.2CHF

--
Pietro Cerutti
gahr at gahr.ch