[neomutt-devel] Issue Labels

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sun Apr 16 14:07:42 CEST 2017

When a new issue is raised, it's important to respond to it quickly.
We need to extract as much information as possible from the person who
raised it while it's still fresh in their mind.

Tagging the issue also show the user that we've seen the issue and we're
thinking about it.

Most of the issue labels are fairly self-explanatory, but there are a
couple I'd like to be specific about their usage:

## bug:confirmed -- You can repeat the problem raised by the reporter

Quite often the bug reporter doesn't know mutt that well.  Tagging an
issue as "bug:confirmed" is saying the *YOU* can repeat the problem
reliably.

This isn't a commitment to *fix* the problem, though.
You just might need to help another developer repeat it so they can fix it.

Ideally, when confirming a bug, you should improve the description, add
a sample config, etc.

## bug:regression -- An old bug has returned

Regression: going back to a previous state.

This label is just for bugs that *WERE* fixed, but are now happening again.
Before adding this label, it's important to find out when mutt worked
correctly, e.g.
    It worked in version X, it's broken now

I keep a pre-built copy of all the neomutt releases so that I can
quickly test lots of different versions.

If you can repeat the problem, then please use "git bisect" to find the
commit which caused the issue.

---

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap