[neomutt-devel] NeoMutt 2017-04-14 (1.8.1) - DEVEL

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sat Apr 15 00:29:26 CEST 2017

## Development Release

It's been a while since the last release but we haven't been idle.
The code has been undergoing widespread tidying/improvements.

Notes:
- This releases is not suitable for production environments
- This releases needs testing
- A stable release will be along shortly

There'll be a full report of the changes when the stable release comes out.

## Thanks

Many thanks to our contributors:

- Tobias Angele (@toogley)
- Pietro Cerutti (@gahr)
- Mehdi Abaakouk (@sileht)
- Bernard Pratz (@guyzmo)
- Damien Riegel (@dkc)
- Ian Zimmerman (@nobrowser)
- Kevin Decherf (@kdecherf)

## Tidying

There's been a lot of tidying of the code, e.g.

- Removing unused functions
- Deleting trailing whitespace
- Removing decade-old commented-out source
- Renaming functions for clarity
- Add argument names to prototypes

## Refactoring

This is only just beginning, but the plan is to start breaking apart
some of the dependencies within the code.

## Boolification

Over 80 functions returned 1/0 for success/failure.  They have been
improved to use C99's stdbools.  They now return type bool (true/false).

## Lua Scripting

For now, it is very limited, but it's the beginning of something wonderful!
Perhaps 'zmo' would like to introduce it?

## Coverity

Coverity is a tool that analyses the code looking for errors.
We've been working through its list of defects trying to prevent crashes
before they happen.

## Upstream

As always, we've been tracking upstream Mutt's improvements.
This release includes yesterday's 1.8.1 release.

Rich / FlatCap