[neomutt-devel] NeoMutt 2017-04-14 (1.8.1) - DEVEL
rich at flatcap.org
Sat Apr 15 00:29:26 CEST 2017
## Development Release
It's been a while since the last release but we haven't been idle.
The code has been undergoing widespread tidying/improvements.
- This releases is not suitable for production environments
- This releases needs testing
- A stable release will be along shortly
There'll be a full report of the changes when the stable release comes out.
Many thanks to our contributors:
- Tobias Angele (@toogley)
- Pietro Cerutti (@gahr)
- Mehdi Abaakouk (@sileht)
- Bernard Pratz (@guyzmo)
- Damien Riegel (@dkc)
- Ian Zimmerman (@nobrowser)
- Kevin Decherf (@kdecherf)
There's been a lot of tidying of the code, e.g.
- Removing unused functions
- Deleting trailing whitespace
- Removing decade-old commented-out source
- Renaming functions for clarity
- Add argument names to prototypes
This is only just beginning, but the plan is to start breaking apart
some of the dependencies within the code.
Over 80 functions returned 1/0 for success/failure. They have been
improved to use C99's stdbools. They now return type bool (true/false).
## Lua Scripting
For now, it is very limited, but it's the beginning of something wonderful!
Perhaps 'zmo' would like to introduce it?
Coverity is a tool that analyses the code looking for errors.
We've been working through its list of defects trying to prevent crashes
before they happen.
As always, we've been tracking upstream Mutt's improvements.
This release includes yesterday's 1.8.1 release.
Rich / FlatCap
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the neomutt-devel