[neomutt-devel] CFT - Header cache enhancements (Phase #1)

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Tue Nov 8 18:49:12 CET 2016

Hi all,

as some might probably have noticed, I am currently working on a pretty
invasive refactoring of the header cache code.
Work is being tracked with Issue #216 [1], with the code living in the
devel/hcache-refactor branch [2].

Goals are:

Phase #1 - split hcache.c into per-backend files (hcache-bdb.c,
hcache-lmdb.c, ...), clean up and document the API
Phase #2 - allow the compilation of multiple backends and add a run-time
config to chose which one to use

This is a Call For Testing for Phase #1, which in my opinion is
currently in a pretty good shape.

I encourage you to check out the devel/hcache-refactor branch, build it
with your favourite backend enabled, and report to me (or on the issue)
any fallout you encounter.

At this point, I do not expect any change in behaviour.

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/216
[2] https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/tree/devel/hcache-refactor

--