[neomutt-devel] [Feature] Compose to sender

Guillaume Brogi gui-gui at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 27 12:54:42 CEST 2016

Hello all,

As flatcap asked, I would like to work on the "compose to sender"
enhancement. I went over the old mailing list thread mentioned in the
issue
(http://mutt-dev.mutt.narkive.com/9m8wXNq2/patch-compose-to-sender) and
here is the summary with some of my thoughts (the patch is attached):
- This is NOT a reply but a NEW MAIL to the senders of the tagged
  messages.
- This patch does not work on tagged message but on the current message
  only.
- The patch can be used as a starting point but is old and will need to
  be freshened up.
- The main problem I see will be to dedup the mails in case a sender
  appears in several of the tagged emails. Does mutt already do
  something similar when replying to all the recipients of message where
  one person appears in both the To: and the Cc: ?

--
guiniol