[neomutt-devel] Freezing NeoMutt 1.6.2

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Mon Aug 22 11:17:46 CEST 2016

Hi all,

# Freeze

I'd like to declare a freeze on the 1.6 branch of NeoMutt.
From now on, I'll only accept bug-fixes.

([contrib/*] branches may continue as normal).

# New Branches

You may have noticed a LOT of new branches in the repo, of the form:
    bugs7/*
    devel7/*
    feature7/*
    neomutt7

These are NeoMutt ported to Mutt-1.7.0 (they have been moved from the
neomutt-unstable repo).  They are now open for business.

# Development

I've ported all the [devel/*] branches to 1.7.0 as well.
Please use these for any further development.

# Testing

Please test the [neomutt7] branch and let me know how it goes.
The more feedback I get, the happier I'll be releasing it to the public.
I'd like to hear "It works for me", from as many people as possible.

# Documentation

The new branches have all the docs merged into [neomutt7].  I'm sick of
spending hours merging DocBook.

# Deprecating 1.6

One month after the first 1.7 release (assuming no show-stopping bugs),
I will close the 1.6 branches forever.

Questions?

Rich