[neomutt-devel] Help to Prepare NeoMutt 1.7.0

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Thu Aug 18 14:00:36 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Mutt-1.7.0 is about to be released -- the code has been committed.

To create NeoMutt-1.7.0 we need all the Features porting to use the new
code.  Fortunately, I've been busy.  All the major integration has been
done.  I've even had time for a bit of testing.

This is the "neomutt-unstable" repo.
    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt-unstable

Below is a list of commits that need transferring.

Clone [neomutt-unstable]
Add a git remote for [neomutt/neomutt]
Fetch the latest commits from [neomutt/neomutt]

Repeat:
    Checkout [neomutt-unstable/BRANCH]
    Cherry pick the commits
    Push to GitHub

If this makes sense and you have some time, please pick a few random
branches, tell the list which ones :-) and get to work.

Many thanks,
    Rich / FlatCap

---

bugs/neomutt
    5831e48 Don't whine if getrandom() fails.
    1b588b1 add strndup.c strnlen.c (FIX)

contrib/keybase
    0dbddc0 updated readme
    44baa84 minor updates
    790ea08 modified pictures
    a55e440 minor update to readme

feature/compress
    403de3e fix check_sec.sh warnings

feature/keywords
    5c51b09 Don't de-tag emails after labelling them
    ec2d820 fix check_sec.sh warnings
    f5ac067 revert to Mutt keybindings

feature/limit-current-thread
    906e11c revert to Mutt keybindings

feature/lmdb
    a625cfd fix check_sec.sh warnings

feature/nntp
    f646854 fix check_sec.sh warnings
    4e57702 revert to Mutt keybindings
    c9851bd docs: remove bogus config

feature/notmuch
    9a55956 fix check_sec.sh warnings
    8c5bb72 revert to Mutt keybindings
    b7277a5 docs: explain notmuch queries

feature/progress
    991d306 Don't paint invisible progress bars

feature/sidebar
    62e5243 Fix the sidebar TopIndex and BotIndex when $sidebar_new_mail_only is set.
    b84857a Fix sidebar pagedown/up when mailboxes on the end are hidden.
    a9c55e3 Change sidebar highlighted mailbox behavior.
    8fccd99 sync to mutt/default

feature/smime-encrypt-self
    d676eef fix check_sec.sh warnings

feature/status-color
    2522b02 fix: status line wrapping
    b82ac8d fix check_sec.sh warnings

neomutt
    28c05ed document new changes
    6946736 fix display when 'from' field is invalid
    9c269aa Support for $XDG_CONFIG_HOME and $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
    d184900 fix careless merge
    443a2b3 docs: fix docbook
    037b5ed Allow creating Distribution Tarballs with autogen sources
    25dd3f3 Ensure AC_INIT sees a string literal for the version